Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Home Sweet Home

The moment I stepped out of an airplane in Mumbai this time … I felt the tickling of cool breeze flowing across the airport fields (mumbai and cold breeze sounds a bit of a paradox, but i was back from chennai, so talking on relative terms )… the aroma of the Mumbai air, which had made me a big time complainant till 1 and half a year back, gave a mesmerising feeling to my nasal senses…
Embarking out of airport on mumbai streets, took an auto and started towards home sweet home… enroute to home, I saw the common sight on andheri-kurla road.. thats the the sign boards, warning you to ‘Go slow. work in progress’ ... I have always and seriously felt that they have misplaced a punctuation mark, the more apt message is ‘Go. Slow work in progress’… anyways, each instance of that sight used to resurge the frowning half of me, when I frequented that road in my college days...but this time it brought a bright smile on my face, as many times as it made me curse then! …
The beggars, the stink of mithi river (which was known only as one big gutter before 26th july rain made it famous), the rash driving of auto drivers... all gave a feeling of homeliness and made me Blissful :)....
back home.. however tired you are, somehow miraculously, all weariness disappears ...

And the moment I entered my home, I saw the most beautiful face…mom standing in front of me with a beaming smile and loads of satisfaction clearly evident on her face…HEAVEN! ...

No comments: