Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Skoda Auto India - Sub standard car manufacturer

I had bought a Skoda Fabia Classic 1.4 TDI* on 13th May 2010 from JMD dealer in Thane, Maharashtra. 

The AC had once stopped working after less than a year I had bought the Car. However, compressor was replaced by JMD Skoda Sakinaka (Andheri, Mumbai) workshop.# 

Since then, the AC was working fine. We have also done all the servicing and regular car check ups. However, recently the AC has again started malfunctioning. Its been only 2 years since the AC was replaced by your 
workshop. 
I had given my car for check up yesterday at Bhandup workshop of JMD and I just got a call from there that Compressor is not working and it needs replacement. It is OUTRAGEOUS!!!
Was it that already defective part was replaced. Or Skoda parts last at the most 2 years?! 

There have been various things that needed replacement, by the way. I have replaced the inner assembly of wiper. Not the wiper, the inner assembly of it. I own santro for last 9 years and I have not yet replaced that. We owned Maruti Zen for 6 years and never even heard of that. We also had to change the Aux-In of a car stereo. The  knob for setting of rear view mirror is also snapped from inside. The Plastic parts in interior are brittle and easy to break :). 
Trust me, Skoda (India) is a blot in the name of European standard. 

The biggest irony is that recently, I have been getting calls from Skoda dealer for buying their newly launched Car. It was sort of an LOL moment for me. Seriously, I am not buying Skoda car again. Not with the kind of indifference and customer care that they have.

*Details of my Car: 
Registration No: MH 04 EH 347
Chassis No: TMBAED5J6AG012449
Engine No: BNM403160

#
The invoice details of replaced compressor are as follows: 
Invoice No: JMD07-000620
Dt: 17- May-2011
Part Number: 6Q0820411K

No comments: